Sorry, this E.T. can’t phone home as he’s completely made of wax. Madame Tussauds five locations have unveiled E.T. wax likenesses in support of the film’s 30th anniversary and its release on Blu-ray. Created in London, the E.T. figure made its way to its LA home with a trail of Reese’s Pieces leading bicyclists down Hollywood Blvd and up to the door of Madame Tussauds Hollywood.
“We are delighted to be welcoming one of the greatest movie characters of all time to the attraction. We’re also absolutely certain that our guests are going to love the unique opportunity to ‘star’ in one of the most famous films ever made,” stated Nicky Marsh, Madame Tussauds Global Marketing Director
The E.T. sculptures took two months to complete and cost $80,000 to produce.
Watch video from the event:
- Fox Reveals Big ‘Scream Queens,’ ‘Minority Report,’ and ‘Lucifer’ Comic Con Plans
- FX and Donald Glover’s ‘Atlanta’ Adds More Cast Members
- ‘I Can Do That’ Can Do a Season Two
- 2015 Comic Con TV Schedule: Shows Heading to Comic Con
- FX Fearless Arena Details: A Medieval Forest, Giant Snow Globe, and ‘Horror’ Hotel