EPIX confirmed the cast for its upcoming Get Shorty series and announced filming will kick off on November 8, 2016. Ray Romano (Vinyl) and Chris O’Dowd (Girls) lead the cast of the dark comedy based on Elmore Leonard’s novel. Also confirmed are Sean Bridgers (Rectify), Lidia Porto (Horrible Bosses 2), Megan Stevenson (Review), Goya Robles (11:55), Lucy Walters (Power) and Carolyn Dodd (The Adventures of Catty Wompus).
Filming will take place in Los Angeles and Albuquerque, with season one set to consist of 10 one-hour episodes. Get Shorty is executive produced by series creator Davey Holmes (Shameless). Adam Arkin (The Americans) is on board as an executive producer and will direct three episodes. Allen Coulter (The Sopranos) is directing and executive producing the first episode.
“It’s an incredible opportunity to partner with MGM on Elmore Leonard’s timeless classic, which will be re-envisioned by Davey Holmes and directed by Allen Coulter,” stated Mark S. Greenberg, President and CEO, EPIX. “Ray and Chris are a dynamic team and with a strong supporting cast, we are anticipating that Get Shorty will be another example of the type of high-end, premium TV that EPIX is committed to delivering to its audience.”
“Elmore Leonard’s work was formative for me, and the world of Get Shorty felt ready for a reinvention, while staying true to the creative spirit of the book,” said Davey Holmes. “Leonard had a fantastic ability to illuminate thuggish characters and find not only menace, but also comedy that springs from their humanity. It’s a story about murderous tough guys with wistful dreams and fragile egos.”
Details on Get Shorty‘s Cast:
- Chris O’Dowd is set to play “Miles,” a hitman from Nevada who tries to become a movie producer in Hollywood as a means to leave his criminal past behind.
- Ray Romano is set for the role of “Rick,” a washed up producer of low quality films who becomes Miles’ partner and guide through the maze of Hollywood.
- Sean Bridgers will play Miles’ partner within the organization, “Louis.”
- Lidia Porto will portray “Amara,” the godmother of a Nevada crime ring.
- Megan Stevenson is set for the role of “April,” an attractive and ambitious studio executive.
- Goya Robles will portray “Yago,” Amara’s dangerous nephew.
- Lucy Walters will play “Katie,” Miles’ wife from whom he is separated.
- Carolyn Dodd will play Miles and Katie’s 12-year-old daughter “Emma.”
Latest posts by Rebecca Murray (see all)
- ‘Riverdale’ Season 1 Episode 5 Preview: Heart of Darkness Photos and Trailer - February 20, 2017
- ‘Emerald City’ Season 1 Episode 8 Recap: Lions in Winter - February 17, 2017
- ‘Grimm’ Season 6 Episode 7 Recap: Blind Love - February 17, 2017