Designers Announced for Project Runway‘s Season 12Project Runway will offer more fan interaction than any previous season and will feature a “mystery contestant” from a past season. Judges Heidi Klum, Nina Garcia, Zac Posen, and Tim Gunn will be putting 16 designers through the wringer as they vie for a prize package worth half a million dollars.
Season 12′s champion will receive $150,000 from GoBank; “$50,000 of next generation technology from HP and Intel to help enable their creativity and launch their new business; a year’s supply of Resource Natural Spring Water and an all-expense paid, luxurious spa retreat for two to the exotic Maldives, courtesy of Resource Water; a chance to design and sell an exclusive collection at Belk; a complete sewing and crafting studio from Brother Sewing and Embroidery; a fashion spread in Marie Claire magazine; a 2014 Lexus IS 350; a $100,000 fabric allowance from Tide Pods to inspire fashions that truly pop; and a $50,000 styling contract with L’Oréal Paris.”
Project Runway season 12 will premiere on Thursday, July 18, 2013 at 9pm. Michael Kors will once again be back as a guest judge, plus Lifetime’s confirmed Kate Bosworth, Kelly Osbourne, Allison Williams, Sigourney Weaver, Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Kaley Cuoco, and Stacy Keibler will show up this season as guest judges.
And as part of the plan to encourage fan interaction, Project Runway‘s announced these changes for the upcoming season:
- Runway Redemption (#RunwayRedemption) – a mystery contestant from a past season, chosen by fans on mylifetime.com, will be unveiled as the 16th designer for season 12.
- Project Runway Superfan Contest – via video submissions, seven super fans will be chosen to be featured in an upcoming episode this season for a fashion makeover.
- More Tim Gunn – fans have asked and Project Runway has delivered. This season, Gunn will join Klum and the judges to watch the runway show, answer questions the judges have about what transpired in the workroom and give them an opportunity to physically examine the workmanship of each design. Also, for the first time in Project Runway history, Gunn will be able to “rescue” one designer during course of the season he feels deserves a second chance.
The Project Runway Season 12 Designers:
Alexander Pope, 38 – Hometown: Los Angeles, CA; Resides in New York, NY
Alexandria von Bromssen, 38 – Hometown: Stockholm, Sweden; Resides in San Mateo, CA
Angela Bacskocky, 33 – Hometown: Richmond, VA; Resides in Richmond, VA
Bradon McDonald, 38 – Hometown: Lowville, NY; Resides in Los Angeles, CA
Dom Streater, 24 – Hometown: Philadelphia, PA; Resides in Philadelphia, PA
Helen Castillo, 25 – Hometown: Weehawken, NJ; Resides in Union City, NJ
Jeremy Brandrick, 41 – Hometown: Birmingham, England; Resides in New York, NY
Justin LeBlanc, 27 – Hometown: Tampa, FL; Resides in Raleigh, NC
Kahindo Mateene, 34 – Hometown: Goma, Democratic Republic of the Congo; Resides in Chicago, IL
Karen Batts, 29 – Hometown: Boca Raton, FL; Resides in Queens, NY
Ken Laurence, 24 – Hometown: Birmingham, AL; Resides in Birmingham, AL
Miranda Kay Levy, 29 – Hometown: Wilton, WI; Resides in Milwaukee, WI
Sandro Masmanidi, 28 – Hometown: Krasnodar, Russia; Resides in New York, NY
Sue Waller, 45 – Hometown: Boston, MA; Resides in Brooklyn, NY
Timothy Westbrook, 24- Hometown: Wanakena, NY; Resides in Milwaukee, WI
Runway Redemption Contestant
Follow Us On:
Latest posts by Rebecca Murray (see all)
- Jessica Alba Talks About ‘Sin City: A Dame to Kill For’ - August 22, 2014
- Omar Epps Discusses ‘Resurrection’ - August 22, 2014
- First Look: Keanu Reeves in ‘John Wick’ - August 22, 2014