On a more serious note, the survival kit isn’t just for those who believe a zombie apocalypse is inevitable. “The Walking Dead Survival Kit” is actually fit for any emergency situation, not just those involving the walking dead. The fully-functioning kit was put together by AMC and Angie and Andrew Torres (First My Family Co-Founders) to help two people better handle the first 72 hours of a disaster. “Emergencies happen every day, and it’s more important than ever to be prepared,” explained Andrew Torres. “We designed this kit to help two people stay alive for three days with not much else,” added Angie Torres.
The Torres’ and AMC selected the contents based on the Torres’ 35+ years of combined disaster preparedness experience, and each of the supplies is securely packaged and easily accessible within the sturdy bag. Every item in the kit is high quality, as is the messenger bag, and chosen for their durability and shelf-life.
The Walking Dead Survival Kit Contents:
– Datrex 2400 Calorie Emergency Food Rations that stay fresh for up to 5 years;
– 12 Datrex 4.22 oz packs of Emergency Water;
– Premium Lifeline 85 piece First Aid kit;
– Lifegear Glow LED Flashlight that lasts up to 400 hours;
– Emergency Mylar Space Blankets;
– Emergency Ponchos for severe weather;
– Leather Palm Work Gloves for moving debris;
– Waterproof match booklet (where permitted)
– and Procedural Face Masks.
(items could change due to availability)
To order the Survival Kit or for more information, visit FirstMyFamily.com.
AMC’s The Walking Dead returns for the second half of season four on February 9, 2014.
-Posted by Rebecca Murray
Follow Us On:
Latest posts by Rebecca Murray (see all)
- Joel McHale Will Host the 2015 ESPYS - May 22, 2015
- Tate Taylor Set to Direct ‘The Girl on the Train’ - May 22, 2015
- ‘A Very Murray Christmas’ with Bill Murray Gets a Netflix Release - May 22, 2015