NBC says Jesse L. Martin will have a six-episode arc on the musical drama Smash. Martin was previously seen on the small screen as a regular on Law & Order from 1999-2008 and on the short-lived series The Philanthropist in 2009. He’s also a member of the original cast of the Tony Award-winning Broadway musical Rent (and reprised his role for the film adaptation) and will actually get a chance to show off his singing voice once again with his upcoming stint on Smash.
According to NBC, Martin is set to play Scott Welker, the “artistic director of the Manhattan Theatre Workshop whose story crosses with virtually every cast member.” The Smash cast includes Debra Messing, Megan Hilty, Anjelica Huston, Jack Davenport, Katharine McPhee, Jeremy Jordan, and Christian Borle.
The Plot of Smash:
Smash is a musical drama that celebrates the beauty and heartbreak of the Broadway theater as it follows a cross-section of dreamers and schemers who all have one common desire – to be a Broadway star.
- ‘Food Fortunes’ Gives Foodies a Shot at Launching New Products
- Robert Downey Jr Offers Fans a Chance to Hang Out and See ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’
- Netflix Sets ‘Orange is the New Black,’ ‘Wet Hot American Summer’ 2015 Premiere Dates
- ‘Insurgent’ Soundtrack Details – Haim, Imagine Dragons Contribute Tracks
- Filming Begins on Tim Burton’s ‘Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children’ with Eva Green