Marvel and Disney will launch Doctor Strange in theaters on November 4, 2016 and with the release just days away, a new upside down video’s arrived featuring Benedict Cumberbatch. Cumberbatch takes on the title role in the comic book inspired film directed by The Exorcism of Emily Rose‘s Scott Derrickson. The cast also includes Chiwetel Ejiofor as Mordo, Tilda Swinton as The Ancient One, Rachel McAdams as Dr. Christine Palmer, Mads Mikkelsen as Kaecilius, Benjamin Bratt as Jonathan Pangborn, and Benedict Wong as Wong.
In addition to releasing a new video, Disney also provided some interesting tidbits about the production of the film that should interest those into movie trivia:
- 21 sets were built for the shoot with the largest being the Kamar-Taj courtyard and street measuring 160′ x 80′.
- Up to 100 people were employed in the costume department.
- Six Lamborghinis were used during the filming of Doctor Strange.
- Benedict Cumberbatch researched his role by visiting neurosurgeons.
- The Hong Kong Street set was 570′ long and was built on a service road outside of Longcross Studios in London.
- Benedict Cumberbatch had tea with his wife in a Greenwich Village cafe while in full costume.
- If you pay close attention you’ll notice geometric patterns are visible within the majority of the sets.
The Plot: The story follows world-famous neurosurgeon Dr. Stephen Strange, whose life changes forever after a horrific car accident robs him of the use of his hands. When traditional medicine fails him, he is forced to look for healing, and hope, in an unlikely place—a mysterious enclave known as Kamar-Taj. He quickly learns that this is not just a center for healing but also the front line of a battle against unseen dark forces bent on destroying our reality. Before long Strange—armed with newly acquired magical powers—is forced to choose whether to return to his life of fortune and status or leave it all behind to defend the world as the most powerful sorcerer in existence.
Watch the Doctor Strange video: