Netflix has released details on the actors who’ll be joining Uma Thurman and Tony Goldwyn in starring roles in Chambers. The supernatural drama’s first season will consist of 10 one-hour episodes and will premiere in 2019.
Leah Rachel created Chambers and executive produces with Alfonso Gomez Rejon, Winnie Kemp, Wolfgang Hammer, Jennifer Yale, and Steve Gaghan.
The just-announced new cast members include Sivan Alyra Rose, Lilliya Reid, Nicholas Galitzine, Kyanna Simone Simpson, Lilli Kay, Sarah Mezzanotte, and Griffin Powell-Arcand. In addition to confirming the cast list, Netflix offered character descriptions for the main roles in the upcoming series.
A young heart attack survivor becomes consumed by the mystery surrounding the heart that saved her life. However, the closer she gets to uncovering the truth about her donor’s sudden death, the more she starts taking on the characteristics of the deceased — some of which are troublingly sinister.
Chambers Cast and Characters:
- Introducing Sivan Alyra Rose who plays “SASHA YAZZIE”, a seventeen-year-old whose world is as big as what’s in front of her. But an untimely heart attack and subsequent complications from her donor set her life on a path riddled with sinister twists. What starts out as a mission to understand the mystery surrounding her heart donor’s death becomes a quest to understand her true identity and the darkness growing inside her.
- Introducing Lilliya Reid who plays “BECKY LEFEVRE” a Suburban Prom Queen whose perfect veneer hides a much more complicated truth. After Becky dies in a tragic accident, her her heart saves Sasha’s life – before creating many complications.
- Nicholas Galitzine plays “ELLIOTT LEFEVRE”, a charming, nihilistic rich kid hell-bent on throwing it all away. Newly sober and still privately reeling from his twin sister Becky’s death, Elliot is determined to move on with his life and keep his past behind him. Until he meets Sasha.
- Kyanna Simone Simpson plays “YVONNE”, Sasha’s best friend. Growing up in the same low income housing development, Yvonne lives at home with two younger brothers, her father, and her terminally ill mother.
- Lilli Kay plays “PENELOPE”, Becky’s highly unusual childhood best friend. Although their friendship fell apart, Penelope has never fully let Becky go — her obsession growing even deeper after her death, and transferring onto Sasha.
- Sarah Mezzanotte plays “MARNIE”, a popular perfectionist who is happy to be the best at everything now that Becky’s gone. Marnie keeps a close eye on Sasha, but her motives are put into question when it’s revealed her parents are the head of a New Age organization with questionable ideals.
- Introducing Griffin Powell-Arcand who plays “TJ”, Sasha’s boyfriend. A track star who gets bussed in from the reservation, he’s the pride of Cottonwood High. He’s good inside and street-smart, but most importantly, he loves Sasha. TJ is her rock and when Sasha starts to worry that there’s something’s wrong with her new heart. TJ struggles to keep the closeness they once had while at the same school.