How did it get to be 20 years since the premiere of Friends? To celebrate the 20th anniversary of the sitcom Warner Bros and Eight O’Clock Coffee are teaming up to deliver free coffee in New York. A special ‘Central Perk’ replica will be set up in Manhattan and open for visitors beginning on September 17, 2014. The pop-up shop is a replica of the Friends‘ Central Perk coffee shop and will feature free cups of Eight O’Clock Coffee from Sept. 17th through October 18th.
The Central Perk pop up will be open from 8am – 8pm Monday through Friday at 199 Lafayette Street. The coffee shop will also be open on weekends from 10am – 8pm.
Here’s what visitors to Central Perk can expect:
– Fans of the long-running hit series can check out signature props from the show in the decorated storefront, relax on Central Perk’s iconic orange couch, order coffee off the famous Central Perk chalkboard or win prizes through fun and exciting in-store promotions.
– Select special appearances by Friends’ James Michael Tyler, who guest starred on the series as Central Perk’s infamously deadpan barista, “Gunther”
– Photo ops on the re-created Central Perk set, including the actual orange couch from the show — perfect for “sofa selfies”
– Weekly in-store performances akin to Phoebe’s improvised songs; who can forget “Smelly Cat”?
– Contests and giveaways throughout the month, featuring prizes that include Friends on Blu-ray™ and DVD (all 10 seasons!), the limited-edition Central Perk Roast from Eight O’Clock Coffee, branded gift packs and more.
-By Rebecca Murray
Follow Us On: