NBC’s Midnight, Texas just announced a batch of new characters who’ll be showing up on the series’ second season. In addition to the characters’ names and descriptions, the network also announced the actors who’ll be taking on the guest starring roles.
The supernatural drama is based on a book series by Charlaine Harris, author of the Sookie Stackhouse novels that provided the basis for HBO’s True Blood. Season two is set to premiere on Friday, October 26, 2018 at 9pm ET/PT.
The stars of the upcoming season includes returning cast members François Arnaud, Dylan Bruce, Parisa Fitz-Henley, Arielle Kebbel, Jason Lewis, and Peter Mensah. Nestor Carbonell, Jaime Ray Newman, and Josh Kelly were announced as new additions to the new season’s cast in July.
The just-announced season two guest stars include:
- Michael Harney (Orange Is the New Black) as Philip Charity – Olivia’s estranged father, who seems like the perfect all-American dad, but is actually bitterly estranged from Olivia, whom he abandoned when she was just 9 years old.
- Mindy Sterling (The Goldbergs) as Kiva Goldwater – With a smoker’s voice and a bedazzled eye patch covering her missing eye, she is a gypsy shaman, an expert when it comes to curses. She’s willing to work with Manfred, but on her terms.
- Adam Langdon (Moe & Jerryweather) as Basil – An affable, geeky pizza delivery boy with a deep appreciation for the Rubik’s cube… and a dark secret.
- Jasmine Cephas Jones (Hamilton, Girls) as Addie – A devotee and member of the Delilahs who stands out among her peers. When her snooty “country club” brother and sister witches turn their backs on our heroes, Addie comes to the rescue. She delves into black magic to help save Midnight, Texas from its enemies.
- Jaime Murray (Once Upon a Time) as Delilah – The original “White Witch.”
- Nick Lee (Reign) as Theophilus – One of the Original Witches and founders of Black Magic.
The Midnight, Texas Plot:
“Midnight, Texas takes a journey into a remote Texas town where nothing is what it seems. In Midnight, Texas, being normal is strange and only outsiders fit in. It’s a mysterious safe haven for those who are different — a perfect place for anyone looking to hide from the outside world. As the town members’ bond is stronger than ever, the mysterious arrival of new hotel owners threatens the balance of Midnight.”