AT&T Audience Network’s Mr. Mercedes will return to the San Diego Comic Con for the second consecutive year. The network announced the series will be well-represented at the Con and revealed details on a special “Mr. Mercedes Immersive Experience” open to fans during the sold-out 2018 Comic Con running July 19-21.
Mr. Mercedes cast members and executive producers will also participate in a panel during next month’s Comic Con. Details for the panel will be announced soon.
Cast members from season one returning for season two include Brendan Gleeson as Detective Bill Hodges, Harry Treadaway as Brady Hartsfield, Jharrel Jerome as Jerome Robinson, Scott Lawrence as Detective Peter Dixon, Breeda Wool as Lou Linklatter, Justine Lupe as Holly Gibney, Nancy Travis as Donna Hodges, and Holland Taylor as Ida Silver. Season two newcomers include Jack Huston as Brady Hartsfield’s doctor, Dr. Felix Babineau; Tessa Ferrer as Dr. Babineau’s wife, Cora Babineau; and Maximiliano Hernandez as Assistant DA Antonio Montez.
Season two is set to premiere on August 22, 2018 at 10pm ET/PT.
The Season 2 Plot: The series picks up a year after Brady Hartsfield’s thwarted attempt to perpetrate a second mass murder in the community of Bridgton, Ohio. Since the incident, Hartsfield has been hospitalized in a vegetative state. Retired Detective Bill Hodges has done his best to move on from his Brady obsession, teaming up with Holly Gibney to open Finders Keepers, a private investigative agency. But when unexplainable occurrences begin to affect hospital staff members attending to Brady, Hodges is haunted by the feeling that Brady is somehow responsible.
Details on Mr. Mercedes Activities at the San Diego Comic Con:
The “Mr. Mercedes Immersive Experience” will give fans a glimpse into the past and a peek into the future of the AT&T Audience Network original series based on the trilogy by Stephen King. Fans can be the first to play the virtual reality (VR) escape room game, “Mr. Mercedes: Lair Escape,” on the HTC Vive Pro – the next generation of VR headsets. In the “Mr. Mercedes: Finders Keepers” augmented reality (AR) adventure game, they’ll collect clues to unlock never-before-seen content and special prizes.
The “Mr. Mercedes Immersive Experience” will include:
• Augmented Reality Adventure Game – Download the app to embark on an AR-driven investigation helping Detective Bill Hodges crack the case and claim a reward if you succeed.
• Virtual Reality Escape Room Game – Be fully immersed in a virtual escape room inside Brady’s lair. Escape before time runs out or you’re trapped forever!
• Recreating the Physical World of Mr. Mercedes – The show’s set designers are recreating Finders Keepers, Mercy General Hospital and Brady’s lair using actual props.
• Bringing Brady to Life Through Projection Mapping – 3-D light projection will creepily bring Brady to life in his hospital bed. Is he in a coma or did you just see him move?
• Lenticular Photo Experience – This photo op will transform the participant’s face into Brady’s along with a socially shareable GIF.
• Private Screening Room – Media, VIP and lucky fans will get the chance to watch a sneak peek of season 2.
The “Mr. Mercedes Immserive Experience” will take place at 643 G St, San Diego, CA 92101 from 10am – 6pm PT. Fans who pre-register for the “Mr. Mercedes Immersive Experience” at att.com/MrMercedesSDCC will receive a commemorative pin and chance to get a fast pass.