NBC has big plans for the 2018 San Diego Comic Con running July 18 through July 22 in downtown San Diego. The network’s preparing their biggest interactive fan experience to date with the installation of “The Good Place Experience” designed to look just like the neighborhood in the comedy series.
Comic Con attendees will be able to pre-register at www.thegoodplacesdcc.com to participate in “The Good Place Experience” beginning July 11th. Per NBC, “each attendee will receive a customized profile and wristband to enhance their visit. Utilizing Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technology, attendees will have maximum integration and fun inside this full-sensory activation.”
NBC will also be promoting season two of Midnight, Texas as well as the upcoming first season of the sci-fi drama Manifest at the sold-out pop culture convention. NBC renewed Brooklyn Nine-Nine following its cancellation at Fox and they’ll be celebrating its revival with a panel featuring the cast and executive producers.
NBC San Diego Comic Con Special Events:
- “The Good Place Experience” – Thursday, July 19-Sunday, July 22 at Gaslamp Square (between the Convention Center and Hard Rock Hotel)
Comic-Con attendees will immerse themselves in the entertaining and philosophical world of The Good Place, where everyone is welcomed into the show’s inspired neighborhood tailored specifically for San Diego Comic-Con. Constructed to remind fans of the show’s hilarious and unforgettable moments, guests will become part of the scene. In addition to the main interactive experience, fans will enjoy a host of exclusive giveaways, a branded digital takeaway, and several custom opportunities to capture photos and videos with some of the most iconic elements from the series. The Good Place Comic-Con activation is produced by Oaken Anchor exclusively for NBC.
- Head to Tin Fish Restaurant on the Gaslamp peninsula as it transforms into “The Good Plates.” Customers will immerse themselves into the recognizable restaurant from the series, complete with branded menus, tabletops and more. Additionally, NBC is partnering with No Kid Hungry to donate 50% of the sales of a designated Tin Fish Restaurant menu item during San Diego Comic-Con week to its efforts to end childhood hunger in America. No Kid Hungry is a campaign of national anti-poverty nonprofit Share Our Strength.
- “Manifest” Lounge – Thursday, July 19-Sunday, July 22 at Hard Rock Hotel
NBC’s new fall drama series Manifest will offer attendees a chance to relax, beat the heat and recharge their mobile devices with a Montego Airlines-branded lounge, located at the Hard Rock Hotel. The space will offer a custom oxygen bar, charging station and a chance to preview new content from the anticipated new fall show.
NBC’s Panel Schedule
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine – Thursday, July 19 at 7pm in the Indigo Ballroom, Hilton San Diego Bayfront
Join stars Andy Samberg, Stephanie Beatriz, Terry Crews, Melissa Fumero, Joe Lo Truglio, Chelsea Peretti, Dirk Blocker, Joel McKinnon Miller, co-creator/executive producer Dan Goor and executive producer Luke Del Tredici of the fan-favorite Universal Television series Brooklyn Nine-Nine for a conversation that will be both toit and noice!
- The Good Place – Saturday, July 21 at 11am in the Indigo Ballroom, Hilton San Diego Bayfront
From creator Michael Schur and Universal Television comes the critically acclaimed and unique afterlife comedy series about what it means to be a good person. Join stars Ted Danson, Kristen Bell, William Jackson Harper, Jameela Jamil, D’Arcy Carden, Manny Jacinto, and executive producers Michael Schur, Morgan Sackett, and Drew Goddard for a forking great conversation.
- Manifest – Saturday, July 21 at 1pm, Indigo Ballroom, Hilton San Diego Bayfront
When Montego Air Flight 828 landed safely in New York after a turbulent but routine flight, the crew and passengers were relieved. Yet in the span of those few hours, the world had aged five years and their friends, families and colleagues, after mourning their loss, had given up hope and moved on. Now, faced with the impossible, they’re all given a second chance. But as their new realities become clear, a deeper mystery unfolds and some of the returned passengers soon realize they may be meant for something greater than they ever thought possible.
Join executive producer Jeff Rake and series stars Melissa Roxburgh and Josh Dallas for an emotionally rich and unexpected journey into a world grounded in hope, heart and destiny.
- Midnight, Texas – Saturday, July 21 at 2:45pm in Room 6BCF, San Diego Convention Center
Welcome back to a place where being normal is strange and only outsiders fit in. Join your fellow “Midnighters” for a sneak peek of season two and a Q&A session with the cast and producers: François Arnaud, Dylan Bruce, Parisa Fitz Henley, Arielle Kebbel, Jason Lewis, Peter Mensah, executive producers David Janollari, Eric Charmelo and Nicole Snyder.