CBS All Access has announced the new mystery series, One Dollar, will debut on Thursday, August 30, 2018. The series’ first season will consist of 10 episodes which will be available on demand to CBS All Access subscribers each Thursdays following its August 30th premiere.
Along with announcing the season premiere date, CBS All Access released the official poster for season one.
One Dollar stars John Carroll Lynch, Nathaniel Martello-White, Chris Denham, Philip Ettinger, Kirrilee Berger, Gracie Lawrence, Joshua Bitton, Níkẹ Uche Kadri and Hamilton Clancy. The cast also includes Greg Germann, Sturgill Simpson, Aleksa Palladino with Jeff Perry and Leslie Odom Jr. in recurring roles. Craig Zobel (The Leftovers) directed the first season and executive produces with Matt DeRoss, Alexandre Dauman, and Jason Mosberg.
The Plot and Characters: One Dollar is a mystery set in a small rust belt town in post-recession America, where a one-dollar bill changing hands connects a group of characters involved in a shocking multiple murder. The path of the dollar bill and point of view in each episode paint a picture of a modern American town with deep class and cultural divides that spill out into the open as the town’s secrets get revealed.
- John Carroll Lynch portrays Bud Carl, owner of the family business, Carl Steel, and beloved around town. He’s known to most of his employees as “Pop.”
- Nathaniel Martello-White is Jake Noveer, a resourceful, willful and mostly good-hearted man who left the Braden Police Department to investigate a child disappearance and now works exclusively as a private investigator.
- Philip Ettinger plays Garrett Drimmer, a high school dropout and former hard partier who presently works in the lowest paid position at Carl Steel. Now, he is a hardworking and devoted single father trying to make positive changes in his life.
- Chris Denham is Police Chief Peter Trask, the town’s somewhat green but very capable young police chief who used to be best friends and partners with Jake.
- Kirrilee Berger plays Danielle “Dannie” Furlbee, the daughter of the richest man in town and the valedictorian of her high school in the summer between senior year of high school and college. More book-smart than street-smart, she is confident in her intelligence and appearance.
- Gracie Lawrence stars as Julie Gardner, Dannie’s best friend who is savvy and quick with a joke but lives a little bit in Dannie’s shadow.
- Leslie Odom Jr. is Randall Abatsy, new in town, he stands out as larger than life with his politician-like charisma and is known for his charitable work and lavish theme parties.
- Jeff Perry plays Charles, a retired con man from Braden with declining health.
- Sturgill Simpson plays Ken Fry, a resident of Braden who used to work at the steel mill until he was let go by “Pop” Carl. He now makes his living holding a never-ending yard sale with items stolen from peoples’ front yards and porches. (One Dollar will serve as Simpson’s acting debut.)