In order to apply for a seat, you must fill out an application form available at www.oscars.org/bleachers. According to the Academy, there are only 700 seats available along the red carpet stretched down Hollywood Blvd leading up to the entrance to the Kodak Theatre where the 84th Academy Awards will take place. And after cheering on the well-dressed celebs as they walk down the red carpet, bleacher seat winners will be able to view the Oscars from a nearby location.
The 84th Academy Awards will be held on Sunday, February 26, 2012.
Here’s a few more details on the application process supplied by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences:
– To be eligible for the random drawing, an individual must complete the application form in its entirety. Applications may only be submitted online; they may not be returned via any other method.
– Applicants may register for themselves and one guest. Duplicate registrations will not be accepted.
– Those whose names are selected in the random drawing will be notified in late September. They will then be required to submit additional information for security purposes prior to final approval. Eligible attendees will receive a confirmation letter in early January with information pertinent to the event.
– Only those individuals who have been pre-approved by the Academy will have access to the bleachers. Those who wait overnight to attempt admittance will not be granted entry.
– The Academy will not be responsible for securing travel and/or hotel accommodations for bleacher fans.
– In previous years, as many as 20,000 fans have applied online for the limited number of red carpet seats.
Source: The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences – September 8, 2011