WB is providing all the clean-up supplies and the cast – including Charlie Hunnam, Charlie Day, and Idris Elba – will be helping to promote the event via PSAs encouraging people to participate.
The Participating Cities:
* Honolulu – Pounders Beach (in Laie) from 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
* Los Angeles – Santa Monica Pier (PCH & Colorado Ave.) from 8:00 AM – 10:00 AM
* Orange County – Huntington State Beach (PCH & Brookhurst St.) from 8:00 AM – 10:00 AM
* San Diego – Mission Beach (starting at the Wave House) from 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM
* San Francisco – Ocean Beach (Fulton St and JFK Drive) from 12:30 PM – 2:30 PM
* Santa Barbara – East Beach (Stearn’s Wharf/ Mission Creek Lagoon) from 8:00 AM – 10:00 AM
* Seattle – Alki Beach (The Bathhouse at Alki Beach) from 8:00 AM – 10:00 AM
* Vancouver – Kitsilano Beach (Park Entrance at Arbutus and Cornwall Ave) from 8:00 AM – 10:00 AM
Details on Pacific Rim:
When legions of monstrous creatures, known as Kaiju, started rising from the sea, a war began that would take millions of lives and consume humanity’s resources for years on end. To combat the giant Kaiju, a special type of weapon was devised: massive robots, called Jaegers, which are controlled simultaneously by two pilots whose minds are synched via a neural bridge, called “The Drift.” But as the enemy grows more powerful with each attack, even the Jaegers are proving nearly defenseless in the face of the relentless Kaiju.
On the verge of defeat, the forces defending mankind have no choice but to turn to two unlikely heroes—a washed up former pilot (Charlie Hunnam) and an untested trainee (Rinko Kikuchi)—who are teamed to drive a seemingly obsolete Jaeger. Together, they stand as mankind’s last hope against the mounting apocalypse.
Source: Warner Bros Pictures
Follow Us On: