Marvel Television announced the six young actors who will star in Marvel’s Runaways for Hulu. The upcoming series is based on the Marvel comics by Brian K. Vaughan and Adrian Alphona and has Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage attached as writers, executive producers and showrunners. Marvel’s Head of Television Jeph Loeb is also executive producing along with Jim Chory. The just-announced cast members include Rhenzy Feliz (Teen Wolf), Lyrica Okano (The Affair), Virginia Gardner (Goat), Ariela Barer (New Girl), Gregg Sulkin (Faking It), and Allegra Acosta (100 Things to do Before High School).
“The fun and chemistry that this group of talented actors create is wonderful and we’re so excited to bring these beloved characters to life,” stated executive producer Jeph Loeb.
Comic co-creator/series executive consultant Brian K. Vaughn said, “I’m so excited for fans of the comic to watch this perfect cast of amazing actors, all of whom embody the spirit of their characters more than I ever could have imagined.”
“We have had a total blast bringing Brian and Adrian’s amazing story to life. We’re so happy they love the Runaways we’ve assembled as much as we do,” added Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage.
The Plot: Every teenager thinks their parents are evil. What if you found out they actually were? Marvel’s Runaways is the story of six diverse teenagers who can barely stand each other but who must unite against a common foe–their parents.
– Rhenzy Feliz as Alex Wilder is a loud-and-proud nerd. Admittedly a bit of a loner, Alex spends much of his free-time playing video games, but deep down, what he wants most is to reunite his childhood group of friends.
– Lyrica Okano as Nico Minoru – tough, intelligent, and independent–embodies teenage angst. A budding “Wiccan,” Nico’s carefully crafted goth appearance isolates her from her peers and family, but maybe what she really needs is someone to talk to.
– Virginia Gardner as Karolina Dean, model-perfect exterior with a lot going on behind her professionally whitened smile, is burdened by the lofty expectations and responsibilities put upon her by her parents. Underneath her veneer of privilege and perfection, Karolina is experiencing a newfound eagerness to explore her identity and pursue her own desires.
– Ariela Barer as Gert Yorkes is a purple-haired, bespectacled, contemporary riot grrrl. Never passing up a moment to stand on a soapbox, Gert sometimes wields her persona as a brash social justice warrior to mask her true feelings.
– Gregg Sulkin as Chase Stein is a lacrosse-playing, high school heartthrob. While many write him off as a dumb jock, Chase exhibits flashes of untapped brilliance in engineering, not unlike his wildly successful father’s.
– Allegra Acosta as Molly Hernandez, the youngest and most innocent member of her friend group, is known for her peppy positivity and a deep yearning to belong.