The CW’s set 2018-2019 midseason return dates for its lineup of primetime shows. With the addition of newcomer Roswell, New Mexico to the schedule, a few of the network’s current shows will be changing up air dates and time slots.
The network also confirmed iZombie, The 100, and Jane the Virgin will be joined by new series In the Dark in the spring. In the Dark will air on Thursdays in Legacies slot after that series finishes its 16 episode first season run.
After Legends of Tomorrow returns from its midseason break in April, it will take over Black Lightning‘s Monday time slot. Jane the Virgin‘s final season will air on Wednesday nights in All American‘s spot after All American completes its first season.
The CW hasn’t set premiere dates for the final season of iZombie or the sixth season of The 100.
The CW’s January 2019 Schedule – Midseason Premiere Dates
- FRIDAY, JANUARY 11, 2019
- 9:00-10:00pm – CRAZY EX-GIRLFRIEND (Midseason Return)
TUESDAY, JANUARY 15, 2019
- 8:00-9:00pm – THE FLASH (Midseason Return)
- 9:00-10:00pm – ROSWELL, NEW MEXICO (Series Premiere)
- WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 16, 2019
- 8:00-9:00pm – RIVERDALE (Midseason Return)
- 9:00-10:00pm – ALL AMERICAN (Midseason Return)
- THURSDAY, JANUARY 17, 2019
- 8:00-9:00pm – SUPERNATURAL (Midseason Return)
- 9:00-10:00pm – ROSWELL, NEW MEXICO (Encore of Premiere)
- FRIDAY, JANUARY 18, 2019
- 8:00-9:00pm – DYNASTY (Midseason Return)
- 9:00-10:00pm – CRAZY EX-GIRLFRIEND (Original Episode)
- SUNDAY, JANUARY 20, 2019
- 8:00-9:00pm – SUPERGIRL (Midseason Return)
- 9:00-10:00pm – CHARMED (Midseason Return)
MONDAY, JANUARY 21, 2019
- 8:00-9:00pm – ARROW (Midseason Return)
- 9:00-10:00pm – BLACK LIGHTNING (New Time Period Premiere)
THURSDAY, JANUARY 24, 2019
- 8:00-9:00pm – SUPERNATURAL (Original Episode)
- 9:00-10:00pm – LEGACIES (Midseason Return)
Roswell, New Mexico Details:
“In The CW’s new series Roswell, New Mexico, more than maybe anywhere else on Earth, Roswell, New Mexico is ground zero for those who seek proof that aliens exist. Roswell native Liz Ortecho (Jeanine Mason) left it all behind 10 years ago after the death of her beloved older sister Rosa. But after the government cuts funding on her biomedical research, she reluctantly returns to her tourist-trap hometown to move back in with her father. When Liz arrives, she reconnects with Max Evans (Nathan Parsons), her teenage crush, who is now a Roswell police officer.
Their chemistry is instantly electric. But Liz soon discovers a shocking truth: Max is an alien who has kept his unearthly abilities hidden his entire life, along with those of his otherworldly sister, Isobel (Lily Cowles), and their friend Michael (Michael Vlamis). As the two grow closer after a decade apart, Liz finds it difficult to keep the truth from her best friend, Maria De Luca (Heather Hemmens), and her trusting high school ex, Dr. Kyle Valenti (Michael Trevino).
Also hiding their extraterrestrial origins are Isobel and Michael, with Isobel not even revealing the truth to her husband, Noah Bracken (Karan Oberoi), and Michael keeping his identity hidden beneath a bad-boy exterior of hard living and casual hookups. Meanwhile, Master Sergeant Jesse Manes (Trevor St. John) spearheads a long-standing government conspiracy — unbeknownst to his son, Alex Manes (Tyler Blackburn), who has recently returned from service overseas with emotional and physical injuries. The politics of fear and hatred that run rampant in Roswell threaten to expose Max and his family and could endanger his deepening romance with Liz…as well as their lives.”