Filming has begun on season two of HBO’s critically acclaimed dramatic series True Detective with Colin Farrell and Vince Vaughn in starring roles. And as production gets underway, HBO’s confirmed Rachel McAdams, Taylor Kitsch, and Kelly Reilly have joined the cast.
Eight new episodes featuring new characters and a new story will air in 2015. Justin Lin is directing the first two episodes from scripts by series creator Nic Pizzolatto.
Here’s the details on the story and who the lead actors are playing:
The Plot: Three police officers and a career criminal must navigate a web of conspiracy in the aftermath of a murder.
– Colin Farrell as Ray Velcoro, a compromised detective whose allegiances are torn between his masters in a corrupt police department and the mobster who owns him.
– Vince Vaughn as Frank Semyon, a criminal and entrepreneur in danger of losing his empire when his move into legitimate enterprise is upended by the murder of a business partner.
– Rachel McAdams as Ani Bezzerides, a Ventura County Sheriff’s detective whose uncompromising ethics put her at odds with others and the system she serves.
– Taylor Kitsch as Paul Woodrugh, a war veteran and motorcycle officer for the California Highway Patrol, running from a difficult past and the sudden glare of a scandal that never happened.
– Kelly Reilly as Jordan, Frank Semyon’s wife, a former D-list actress who is a full partner in his enterprises and ambitions.
-By Rebecca Murray
Follow Us On: