Season one of Marvel’s Cloak & Dagger continues with episode five airing on June 28, 2018. The series debuted with the highest ratings of any new Freeform show from the past two years. It also snagged the best-ever digital debut in the network’s history.
The critically acclaimed new drama stars Olivia Holt, Aubrey Joseph, Andrea Roth, Gloria Reuben, Miles Mussenden, Carl Lundstedt, James Saito and J.D. Evermore. Joe Pokaski (Underground, Heroes) is the showrunner and executive produces with Marvel’s Head of Television Jeph Loeb and Jim Chory.
The “Princeton Offense” Plot: Tandy is consumed with getting answers about the Roxxon cover up. To get the answers she is looking for, Tandy tests out her power to gain new insights. Tyrone, on the other hand, is focusing on being a normal kid as the basketball state finals approach. With so much weighing on him lately, can he truly push everything to the side and win the big game for Billy? Meanwhile, Det. O’Reilly looks into the city’s drug problems to get some answers of her own.
The Season 1 Plot: Marvel’s Cloak & Dagger is the story of Tandy Bowen (Holt) and Tyrone Johnson (Joseph) – two teenagers from very different backgrounds, who find themselves burdened and awakened to newly acquired superpowers which are mysteriously linked to one another. Tandy can emit light daggers and Tyrone has the ability to engulf others in darkness. They quickly learn they are better together than apart, but their feelings for each other make their already complicated world even more challenging.
Additional season one characters include:
- Andrea Roth plays Melissa Bowen, Tandy’s mom, who is the eternal optimist despite the struggles to adapt to her new existence. While complex and emotionally composed, her love for her daughter burns bright.
- Tyrone’s mother, Adina Johnson, is played by Gloria Reuben. Mrs. Johnson invests every aspect of her being into giving her son the life she believes he deserves. But she props up and protects Tyrone so much she almost forgets to love him.
- Miles Mussenden stars as Tyrone’s father, Michael Johnson, who trudges through his desk job to keep his family safe and happy. Mr. Johnson is a working-class father does what he can to ensure his son will grow up to be a great man.
- Liam played by Carl Lundstedt, a salt-of-the-earth townie who operates as Tandy’s partner in crime while moonlighting as her boyfriend. But underneath his rough-around-the-edges appearance, Liam has big dreams.
- Portrayed by James Saito, Dr. Bernard Sanjo has been an emotional cornerstone in Tyrone’s life; they have a most unusual relationship.
- J.D. Evermore plays Detective Connors, who is a contradiction of a man embracing an intimidating persona that overcompensates for a secret he keeps close to the vest.