Freeform’s first season of Marvel’s Cloak & Dagger has reached the halfway point, with episode six of the series’ 10 episode season one set to air July 5, 2018. Episode six titled “Funhouse Mirrors” finds Tyrone and Tandy continuing in their quest to find the truth behind what’s happening at Roxxon.
The critically acclaimed new sci-fi drama stars Olivia Holt, Aubrey Joseph, Andrea Roth, Gloria Reuben, Miles Mussenden, Carl Lundstedt, James Saito and J.D. Evermore. Joe Pokaski (Underground, Heroes) is the showrunner and executive produces with Marvel’s Head of Television Jeph Loeb and Jim Chory.
The “Funhouse Mirrors” Plot: Tyrone heads down a dangerous path to get closer to Det. Connors, as Tandy pretends to be a Roxxon intern in an attempt to get answers. Her “internship” hits a little too close to home for Tandy when she gets a glimpse at what her life could have been like. Meanwhile, Det. O’Reilly gets closer to Det. Connors and Evita’s Aunt Clarisse worries about Tyrone’s future.
The Season 1 Plot: Marvel’s Cloak & Dagger is the story of Tandy Bowen (Holt) and Tyrone Johnson (Joseph) – two teenagers from very different backgrounds, who find themselves burdened and awakened to newly acquired superpowers which are mysteriously linked to one another. Tandy can emit light daggers and Tyrone has the ability to engulf others in darkness. They quickly learn they are better together than apart, but their feelings for each other make their already complicated world even more challenging.
Additional season one characters include:
- Andrea Roth plays Melissa Bowen, Tandy’s mom, who is the eternal optimist despite the struggles to adapt to her new existence. While complex and emotionally composed, her love for her daughter burns bright.
- Tyrone’s mother, Adina Johnson, is played by Gloria Reuben. Mrs. Johnson invests every aspect of her being into giving her son the life she believes he deserves. But she props up and protects Tyrone so much she almost forgets to love him.
- Miles Mussenden stars as Tyrone’s father, Michael Johnson, who trudges through his desk job to keep his family safe and happy. Mr. Johnson is a working-class father does what he can to ensure his son will grow up to be a great man.
- Liam played by Carl Lundstedt, a salt-of-the-earth townie who operates as Tandy’s partner in crime while moonlighting as her boyfriend. But underneath his rough-around-the-edges appearance, Liam has big dreams.
- Portrayed by James Saito, Dr. Bernard Sanjo has been an emotional cornerstone in Tyrone’s life; they have a most unusual relationship.
- J.D. Evermore plays Detective Connors, who is a contradiction of a man embracing an intimidating persona that overcompensates for a secret he keeps close to the vest.