AMC’s set to debut the new comedy/drama series Lodge 49 on August 6, 2018 at 10pm ET/PT. The series starring Wyatt Russell (Ingrid Goes West, Black Mirror) will have its season one premiere immediately following the season four premiere of the critically acclaimed Breaking Bad prequel, Better Call Saul.
Lodge 49 was created by Jim Gavin (author, Middle Men). Gavin wrote the 10 episode first season and executive produces along with Peter Ocko (Pushing Daisies), Paul Giamatti (Billions), Dan Carey (Outsiders), and Jeff Freilich (Halt and Catch Fire). Ocko also serves as the showrunner.
In support of the series’ premiere, AMC’s released photos from season one along with details on the cast and characters.
The Plot: Lodge 49 is a modern fable set in Long Beach and centered on Dud (Russell), a likable ex-surfer who attempts to maintain his positive outlook on life while still reeling from the death of his father, the collapse of the family business, and any semblance of the idyllic middle-class life he knew. Dud finds himself deposited by fate at the doorstep of Lodge 49, home to the Ancient and Benevolent Order of the Lynx, a dusty dying fraternal order. Dud finds solace in this dark, mysterious retreat, which offers cheap beer and strange alchemical philosophies. There he meets his mentor, Ernie Fontaine, a “Luminous Knight” of the Order, who sells plumbing supplies by day.
Despite the constant pushback from his more skeptical, pragmatic twin sister, Liz, Dud and Ernie find themselves drawn by the Lodge into some long-buried secrets and modern day conspiracies. Through his newfound connection with the Lodge, its mysteries and its people, Dud comes to find the missing sense of purpose in his life and confront his deepest fears and greatest hopes.
The Cast and Characters:
- Sean ‘Dud’ Dudley (Wyatt Russell) – A disarmingly optimistic ex-surfer who has had a terrible year. Stumbling into Lodge 49, a dusty, dying fraternal order, Dud becomes convinced the Lodge will help him find the right path to recover the simple, happy life he’s lost.
- Ernie Fontaine (Brent Jennings) – A Navy vet, plumbing supplies salesman, longtime bachelor, working-class Renaissance Man, and member of the Order of the Lynx, Lodge 49.
- Liz Dudley (Sonya Cassidy) – Dud’s twin sister — smart, fiercely independent, deeply cynical, and searching for a way to escape her debt while working at a nightmare chain restaurant.
- Connie Mills (Linda Emond) – An old-school journalist, a lover of words and smoke-filled taverns, she’s trying to hang on while the world changes around her. Connie has arrived at Lodge 49 thanks to her third husband, Scott Mills.
- Blaise St. John (David Pasquesi) – The resident philosopher of the Lynx. He tends bar at Lodge 49 and runs his own pot dispensary.
- Scott Mills (Eric Allen Kramer) – Long Beach Port Harbor Patrol officer and straight shooter, who enjoys his personal watercraft and playing drums in a surf-rock cover band.