Netflix has released a short trailer for the upcoming new season of Narcos starring Pedro Pascal. New photos have also arrived for the much-anticipated third season of the dramatic series that takes place in the world of drug cartels and is set to premiere on September 1, 2017.
New characters for the third season include:
• Gilberto Rodriguez Orejuela (Damian Alcazar) – leader of Cali Cartel, “boss of bosses”
• Miguel Rodriguez Orejuela (Francisco Denis) – the brains behind the rise of the of Cali Cartel and Gilberto’s brother
• Pacho Herrera (Alberto Ammann) – the on-the-low hitman, runs the Mexican connection and international distribution
• Chepe Santacruz Londono (Pepe Rapazote) – runs the satellite NYC empire of the Colombian drug network
• Jorge Salcedo (Matias Varela) – Cali’s head of security who prioritizes his wife and kids’ protection over his bosses
• DEA agents Chris Feistl (Michael Stahl-David) and Daniel Van Ness (Matt Whelan) who enter the operation with enthusiasm and inexperience
• Franklin Jurado (Miguel Angel Silvestre) – the cartel’s money launderer who unknowingly puts his wife, Christina (Kerry Bishe) in mortal danger
• David Rodriguez (Arturo Castro) – Miguel’s oldest son, who is reluctant at first to take a leading role in the cartel structure
The Plot: Now that the bloody hunt for Pablo Escobar has ended, the DEA turns its attention to the richest drug trafficking organization in the world: the Cali Cartel. Led by four powerful godfathers, this cartel operates much differently than Escobar’s, preferring to bribe government officials and keep its violent actions out of the headlines.
Just as Gilberto announces a bold plan to walk away from the business, DEA agent Javier Peña (Pedro Pascal) enlists the help of American and Colombian law enforcement to take it down. This season opens up a complex and ruthless world of new figures. This time around, all rules have changed for the narcos and their opponents – a fact many won’t realize until it’s too late.