Netflix’s new three-minute video goes behind the scenes of the upcoming third season of the critically acclaimed series, Narcos. The latest featurette helps set up the key characters for season three who are taking the place of season one and two’s Pablo Escobar. Netflix will release the entire third season starring Pedro Pascal as DEA agent Javier Peña on September 1, 2017.
Narcos season one premiered on August 28, 2015 and focused on the search for drug kingpin Pablo Escobar (played by Wagner Moura). Season two followed on September 2, 2016 and continued the DEA’s attempt to bring Escobar to justice.
The Season 3 Plot: Now that the bloody hunt for Pablo Escobar has ended, the DEA turns its attention to the richest drug trafficking organization in the world: the Cali Cartel. Led by four powerful godfathers, this cartel operates much differently than Escobar’s, preferring to bribe government officials and keep its violent actions out of the headlines.
Season three’s new characters include:
• Gilberto Rodriguez Orejuela (Damian Alcazar) – leader of Cali Cartel, “boss of bosses”
• Miguel Rodriguez Orejuela (Francisco Denis) – the brains behind the rise of the of Cali Cartel and Gilberto’s brother
• Pacho Herrera (Alberto Ammann) – the on-the-low hitman, runs the Mexican connection and international distribution
• Chepe Santacruz Londono (Pepe Rapazote) – runs the satellite NYC empire of the Colombian drug network
• Jorge Salcedo (Matias Varela) – Cali’s head of security who prioritizes his wife and kids’ protection over his bosses
• DEA agents Chris Feistl (Michael Stahl-David) and Daniel Van Ness (Matt Whelan) who enter the operation with enthusiasm and inexperience
• Franklin Jurado (Miguel Angel Silvestre) – the cartel’s money launderer who unknowingly puts his wife, Christina (Kerry Bishe) in mortal danger
• David Rodriguez (Arturo Castro) – Miguel’s oldest son, who is reluctant at first to take a leading role in the cartel structure