WGN America premiered the first trailer for the new dramatic series Outsiders during the first episode of Manhattan‘s second season. The new drama was created by playwright Peter Mattei and executive produced by Mattei, Peter Tolan, Paul Giamatti, Michael Wimer, and Dan Carey. The cast is led by David Morse and includes Thomas M. Wright, Sons of Anarchy‘s Ryan Hurst, Joe Anderson, Gillian Alexy, Kyle Gallner, Christina Jackson, Francie Swift, and Phyllis Somerville.
Outsiders is set in Kentucky and will premiere in 2016.
The Plot: “Outsiders explores the epic struggle between the Farrell Clan, who have lived atop the rugged Shay Mountain for over two hundred years, and their battle to defend their land and their way of life from the town below and anyone who would dare to challenge them.”
– David Morse is Big Foster, a gruff and powerful heir to leadership
– Joe Anderson is Asa, a member of the Farrell clan looking to rejoin the family after a stint with the outside world
– Thomas M. Wright is Sheriff Wade Houghton, a cop who has a history with the Farrells, and grapples with a few troubles of his own
– Ryan Hurst is Lil Foster, a massive mountain man and son of Big Foster
– Gillian Alexy is G’Winveer, a survivor and Asa’s confidante
– Kyle Gallner is Hasil, an intuitive soul who feels rejected by the group
– Christina Jackson is Sally-Ann, a beautiful girl from a mining town who is fascinated by the Farrells and Hasil in particular
– Francie Swift is Haylie, a cunning, all-American community relations manager with the encroaching coal company
– Phyllis Somerville is Lady Ray, the regal yet tough leader of the Farrell clan