In the first trailer for the upcoming second season of the gritty drama Yellowstone, John Dutton (Kevin Costner) confesses that the walls are closing in. The Dutton family and its sprawling ranch are fighting to survive, according to the family patriarch. The trailer also asserts that war is certain for the valley and that despite John Dutton’s best efforts, change is coming.
The trailer ends with Costner as John Dutton declaring, “All the angels are gone, son. There’s only devils left.”
In addition to Kevin Costner, the season two cast members include Luke Grimes as Kayce Dutton, Kelly Reilly as Beth Dutton, Wes Bentley as Jamie Dutton, Cole Hauser as Rip Wheeler, Kelsey Asbille as Monica Dutton, Brecken Merrill as Tate Dutton, Jefferson White as Jimmy Hurdstrom, and Gil Birmingham as Thomas Rainwater.
The series was created by Oscar nominee Taylor Sheridan (Hell or High Water) and John Linson. Oscar-winner Kevin Costner (Dances with Wolves) executive produces Yellowstone along with Sheridan, John Linson, Art Linson, and David C. Glasser.
Season two of Yellowstone premieres on Paramount Network on June 19, 2019 at 10pm ET/PT.
“Yellowstone is a drama series that follows the Dutton family, led by patriarch John Dutton (Costner). The Duttons control the largest contiguous ranch in the U.S. and must contend with constant attacks by land developers, clashes with an Indian reservation and conflict with America’s first national park.”
More on Yellowstone:
- Yellowstone Series Review
- Recap of Season 1 Episode 2 “Kill the Messenger”
- Recap of Season 1 Episode 3 “No Good Horses”
- Recap of Season 1 Episode 4 “The Long Black Train”
- Recap of Season 1 Episode 6 “The Remembering”
- Recap of Season 1 Episode 7 “A Monster Among Us”
- Recap of Season 1 Episode 8 “The Unravelling: Part 1”
- Recap of Season 1 Episode 9 “The Unravelling: Part 2”