The Hunger Game: Catching Fire Soundtrack and Advance Tickets News
We knew Coldplay and Christina Aguilera were going to be featured on The Hunger Games: Catching Fire‘s soundtrack, but Lionsgate and Republic Records have now released the complete track list for the second film of the blockbuster series. In addition to The Voice coach Aguilera’s contribution and Coldplay’s “Atlas,” the soundtrack will feature The Lumineers, Lorde, Imagine Dragons, Ellie Goulding, Sia, Phantogram, and Of Monsters and Men.
Coldplay’s “Atlas” was the first track released from the upcoming November 19, 2013 soundtrack CD and has reached the #1 spot on iTunes charts in 42 countries. The song marks Coldplay’s first composition specifically for a film.
Lionsgate and Fandango also announced that advance ticket sales for Catching fire will be available on October 1, 2013 at 9am PT, two months before the movie actually enters theaters. According to Fandango, the advance ticket sales will start with the 8pm November 21st screenings as well as the planned Hunger Games double feature screenings.
“This is one of the earliest coordinated efforts where all of our theater chains are simultaneously selling tickets for an expected blockbuster, nearly eight weeks in advance,” says Paul Yanover, President of Fandango. “We are working closely with Lionsgate to launch a comprehensive content and promotional program on Fandango to support our fans’ most anticipated movie of the year.”
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire Soundtrack Track List:
1. “Atlas” – Coldplay
2. “Silhouettes” – Of Monsters and Men
3. “Elastic Heart” – Sia (ft. The Weeknd & Diplo)
4. “Lean” – The National
5. “We Remain” – Christina Aguilera
6. “Devil May Cry” – The Weeknd
7. “Who We Are” – Imagine Dragons
8. “Everybody Wants To Rule The World” – Lorde
9. “Gale Song” – The Lumineers
10. “Mirror” – Ellie Goulding
11. “Capital Letter” – Patti Smith
12. “Shooting Arrows At The Sky” – Santigold
13. “Place For Us” – Mikky Ekko
14. “Lights” – Phantogram
15. “Angel On Fire” – Antony and the Johnsons
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire begins as Katniss Everdeen (played by Jennifer Lawrence) has returned home safe after winning the 74th Annual Hunger Games along with fellow tribute Peeta Mellark (played by Josh Hutcherson). Winning means that they must turn around and leave their family and close friends, embarking on a “Victor’s Tour” of the districts. Along the way Katniss senses that a rebellion is simmering, but the Capitol is still very much in control as President Snow prepares the 75th Annual Hunger Games (The Quarter Quell) – a competition that could change Panem forever. The Hunger Games: Catching Fire is directed by Francis Lawrence, and produced by Nina Jacobson’s Color Force in tandem with producer Jon Kilik. The novel on which the film is based is the second in a trilogy written by Suzanne Collins that has sold over 65 million copies in print in the U.S. alone.
Sources: Lionsgate, Fandango
Follow Us On:
Latest posts by Rebecca Murray (see all)
- ‘Hector and the Search for Happiness’ Has a New Official Trailer - July 22, 2014
- ‘Insidious: Chapter 3′ Starts Filming and Launches a Fan Contest - July 22, 2014
- Will Ferrell and Adam McKay Will Produce ‘Manimal’ - July 22, 2014