A new trailer’s arrived for Warner Bros Pictures’ Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them starring Eddie Redmayne as wizarding world Magizoologist Newt Scamander. J.K. Rowling wrote the script, Harry Potter veteran David Yates directed, and Katherine Waterston co-stars as Tina. The cast also includes Dan Fogler as Jacob; Alison Sudol as Tina’s sister, Queenie; Ezra Miller as Credence; Samantha Morton as Mary Lou; Jon Voight as Henry Shaw, Sr.; Ron Perlman as Gnarlak; Carmen Ejogo as Seraphina Picquery; Jenn Murray as Chastity; young newcomer Faith Wood-Blagrove as Modesty; and Colin Farrell as Percival Graves. Fantastic Beasts opens in theaters on November 18, 2016.
In addition to releasing another trailer, WB announced the ‘Return to J.K. Rowling’s Wizarding World’ global fan event to be held on October 13th at 8:30 p.m. GMT (3:30 p.m. EDT, 12:30 p.m. PDT). Here’s the details provided by the studio:
- Attendees will first be treated to a never-before-seen reel featuring some of the thrilling moments from the much-anticipated film. Talent from Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them will be joining the celebration, in person, at two IMAX theatres, in London and Los Angeles, to welcome the fans.
- In London: Eddie Redmayne, Katherine Waterston, Alison Sudol, Dan Fogler, and director David Yates will be on hand.
- In Los Angeles: Colin Farrell and Jon Voight will be in attendance.
- Fans gathered at those locations, as well as attendees watching from IMAX theatres in New York, Sao Paulo and Mexico City, as well as a non-IMAX theatre in Rome, will be able to submit questions to the stars and director during the Q&A. It will be a rare opportunity to learn more about the story and their thrilling foray into a new era of the wizarding world.
- The footage shown, as well as the Q&A, will also be streamed live online at www.facebook.com/fantasticbeastsmovie so eager fans around the world can share in the excitement.
- Fans at each location will be presented with a specially designed Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them exclusive t-shirt, commemorating the worldwide event, as well as a collectible mini-poster.
- As an added bonus, audiences in the U.S. theatres can stay for a special screening of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone, being presented for the first time ever in IMAX.
The Plot: Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them opens in 1926 as Newt Scamander has just completed a global excursion to find and document an extraordinary array of magical creatures. Arriving in New York for a brief stopover, he might have come and gone without incident…were it not for a No-Maj (American for Muggle) named Jacob, a misplaced magical case, and the escape of some of Newt’s fantastic beasts, which could spell trouble for both the wizarding and No-Maj worlds.
Watch the Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find them trailer: