Christina Aguilera and Adam Levine don’t contribute tracks to the Footloose soundtrack, however Paramount Pictures recruited two out of the four The Voice coaches to lend their voices to the remake’s soundtrack. Blake Shelton has the honor of singing the original theme song from the 1984 dance movie on the 2011 version’s soundtrack which will be released on September 27, 2011 by Atlantic Records/Warner Music Nashville.
The 2011 version of Footloose was written and directed by Craig Brewer and has Kenny Wormald in the role Kevin Bacon made famous and Julianne Hough taking on the role originally played by Lori Singer.
The remake of Footloose features four songs from the original film along with eight new tunes.
Footloose Soundtrack Track List:
1. Footloose* – Blake Shelton
2. Where The River Goes – Zac Brown of Zac Brown Band
3. Little Lovin’ – Lissie
4. Holding Out For A Hero* – Ella Mae Bowen
5. Let’s Hear It For The Boy* – Jana Kramer
6. So Sorry Mama – Whitney Duncan
7. Fake I.D. – Big & Rich feat. Gretchen Wilson
8. Almost Paradise* – Victoria Justice & Hunter Hayes
9. Walkin’ Blues – Cee Lo Green feat. Kenny Wayne Shepherd
10. Window Paine – The Smashing Pumpkins
11. Suicide Eyes – A Thousand Horses
12. Dance The Night Away – David Banner
* included in the original film
Ren MacCormack (Kenny Wormald) is transplanted from Boston to the small southern town of Bomont where he experiences a heavy dose of culture shock. A few years prior, the community was rocked by a tragic accident that killed five teenagers after a night out and Bomont’s local councilmen and the beloved Reverend Shaw Moore (Dennis Quaid) responded by implementing ordinances that prohibit loud music and dancing. Not one to bow to the status quo, Ren challenges the ban, revitalizing the town and falling in love with the minister’s troubled daughter Ariel (Julianne Hough) in the process.
Footloose will dance its way into theaters on October 14, 2011.
Source: Atlantic Records/Warner Music Nashville – August 9, 2011
Kenny Loggins performing “Footloose” live in 2007: