Which song will be Frozen 2‘s “Let It Go?” Walt Disney Animation Studios just released a clip from “Into the Unknown” which is in the running to become the sequel’s standout song, the tune that’ll be stuck in our heads for months…and months…and months…following the film’s release.
The Frozen 2 soundtrack will feature songs from the film’s voice cast including Kristen Bell, Idina Menzel, Josh Gad, and Jonathan Groff. Franchise newcomer Evan Rachel Wood is also featured on the soundtrack. Plus, songs from Panic! At The Disco, Weezer, and Kacey Musgraves will be part of the film’s end credits.
Frozen directors Jennifer Lee and Chris Buck returned to helm the sequel. Songwriters Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez also returned to pen seven new songs and Christophe Beck composed the original score.
“The music of the Lopezes and Christophe Beck are part of the DNA of Frozen,” said director Chris Buck. “We couldn’t imagine building Frozen 2 without them. They bring such a rich, emotional understanding of the world and characters, and through their incredible music we have been able to really deepen and expand the story.”
“The songs and score of Frozen 2 reflect the growth of the characters and the deepening of their story,” stated writer/director Jennifer Lee. “The music is fun but emotional, personal yet powerful, intimate but also epic. Kristen, Bobby and Christophe have definitely outdone themselves and taken the music to brave new heights.”
The soundtrack, which is now available for pre-order, will be released on November 15, 2019. Frozen 2 opens in theaters on November 22nd.
“From the beginning of our collaboration with Jennifer Lee, Chris Buck and Peter Del Vecho, everything we’ve created has come from big questions—what is the story that we all as artists, individually and collectively, need to tell?” said Kristen Anderson-Lopez. “Bobby and I approach the story through the lens of which moments of our story lead to big emotions—feelings so strong our characters can no longer talk but need to sing.”
Frozen 2 Digital and Physical Track List:
- “All is Found” – performed by Evan Rachel Wood
- “Some Things Never Change” – performed by Kristen Bell, Idina Menzel, Josh Gad and Jonathan Groff
- “Into the Unknown” – performed by Idina Menzel (featuring Norwegian singer AURORA)
- “When I Am Older” – performed by Josh Gad
- “Reindeer(s) are Better than People (Cont.)” – performed by Jonathan Groff
- “Lost in the Woods” – performed by Jonathan Groff
- “Show Yourself” – performed by Idina Menzel and Evan Rachel Wood
- “The Next Right Thing” – performed by Kristen Bell
- “Into the Unknown” – performed by Panic! At The Disco (end credits)
- “All is Found” – performed by Kacey Musgraves (end credits)
- “Lost in the Woods” – performed by Weezer (end credits)
(The vinyl soundtrack includes the first eight cast songs.)
The Frozen 2 Plot:
“Why was Elsa born with magical powers? The answer is calling her and threatening her kingdom. Together with Anna, Kristoff, Olaf and Sven, she’ll set out on a dangerous but remarkable journey. In Frozen, Elsa feared her powers were too much for the world. In Frozen 2, she must hope they are enough.”