NBC’s This Is Us expanded its universe with the season four premiere which aired September 24, 2019. In season four episode one, fans were introduced to a few new key characters whose lives intersect with The Big Three.
In a flash-forward, we met Toby and Kate’s grown son, Jack, who’s used the genes he inherited from his mother and grandmother to become a professional singer. Oh, and we also learned he’s blind. Jennifer Morrison (Once Upon a Time) joined the series as a soldier whose storyline connected to Nicky’s. Season four episode one also revealed details on Malik, a love interest for Deja. Malik’s parents are played by Omar Epps and Marsha Stephanie Blake so it’s pretty much guaranteed we’ll learn more about Malik’s background throughout season four. (You don’t bring in Epps and Blake and then sideline them.)
Up next, season four episode two titled “The Pool: Part Two” airing on October 1, 2019.
This Is Us‘ huge ensemble cast includes Mandy Moore as Rebecca Pearson, Milo Ventimiglia as Jack Pearson, Sterling K. Brown as Randall, Chrissy Metz as Kate, and Justin Hartley as Kevin. Susan Kelechi Watson is Beth Pearson, Chris Sullivan is Toby Damon, and Jon Huertas is Miguel Rivas. Griffin Dunne returns as Jack’s brother, Nicky.
“The Pool: Part 2” Plot – Beth and Randall adjust to life in Philadelphia. Jack and Rebecca take the Big Three to the pool.
Series Description, Courtesy of NBC:
“Everyone has a family. And every family has a story. This Is Us chronicles the Pearson family across the decades: from Jack (Ventimiglia) and Rebecca (Moore) as young parents in the 1980s to their 37-year-old kids Kevin (Hartley), Kate (Metz) and Randall (Brown) searching for love and fulfillment in the present day. This grounded, life-affirming dramedy reveals how the tiniest events in our lives impact who we become, and how the connections we share with each other can transcend time, distance and even death.
From the writer and directors of Crazy, Stupid, Love. comes a smart, modern show that will welcome you into a family you feel you’ve known for years.”
- Season 4 Episode 4 “Flip a Coin” Preview
- Season 4 Episode 5 “Storybook Love” Preview
- Season 4 Episode 8 “Sorry” Preview
- Season 4 Episode 9 “So Long, Marianne” Preview
- Season 4 Episode 10 “Light and Shadows” Preview
- Season 4 Episode 11 “A Hell of a Week: Part 1” Preview
- Season 4 Episode 12 “A Hell of a Week: Part 2” Preview
- Season 4 Episode 13 “A Hell of a Week: Part 3” Preview
- Season 4 Episode 16 “New York, New York, New York” Preview
- Season 4 Episode 17 “After the Fire” Preview
- Season 4 Episode 18 “Strangers: Part Two” Preview