Blumhouse and Universal’s Happy Death Day easily topped the box office top 10 list for the October 13-15, 2017 weekend. Blumhouse knows how to put together small budget horror films that score success at the box office, with Happy Death Day ringing up an impressive $26 million off a $5 million-ish budget. The PG-13 horror starring Jessica Rothe had very little competition from last week’s first place finisher, Blade Runner 2049, which saw its business fall off more than 50%.
Next weekend Happy Death Day will be fighting to hang on to first place against newcomers Geostorm, Only the Brave, The Snowman, Only the Brave, Some Kind of Different as Me, and Tyler Perry’s Boo 2! A Madea Halloween.
Box Office Top 10: October 6-8, 2017
- Happy Death Day – $26,500,000
- Blade Runner 2049 – $15,100,000
- The Foreigner – $12,840,000
- It – $6,050,000
- The Mountain Between Us – $5,650,000
- American Made – $5,423,000
- Kingsman: The Golden Circle – $5,315,000
- The LEGO Ninjago Movie – $4,315,000
- My Little Pony – $4,000,000
- Victoria and Abdul – $3,115,000