In addition to announcing Grimm‘s sixth season will be the show’s last, NBC just announced the Emerald City and The New Celebrity Apprentice premiere dates. The upcoming season of Celebrity Apprentice, which marks the first with Arnold Schwarzenegger in the lead, will premiere on Monday, January 2, 2017 at 8pm ET/PT. The Wizard of Oz-inspired drama Emerald City starring Adria Arjona as Dorothy Gale will be joining NBC’s primetime lineup on January 6, 2017 at 9pm ET/PT. Emerald City will make its debut with a special two-hour episode.
NBC also confirmed the 16 celebrities who will compete on the eighth season of the reality competition series when it finally arrives in early January. Schwarzenegger will be joined by Warren Buffett, Steve Ballmer, Tyra Banks, Jessica Alba, and Patrick Knapp Schwarzenegger in the boardroom as they judge the work of these celebs:
- Laila Ali — Retired four-time boxing world champion and two-time hall of famer, TV host, author, health and wellness expert and daughter of boxing legend Muhammad Ali
- Brooke Burke-Charvet — Actress, host, entrepreneur, fitness expert and CEO of ModernMom.com
- Eric Dickerson — Pro Football Hall of Fame running back who played for the Los Angeles Rams, Indianapolis Colts, Los Angeles Raiders and Atlanta Falcons
- Boy George — Grammy Award-winning singer, songwriter, lead vocalist for the pop band Culture Club, international DJ and a coach on the U.K. version of The Voice, as well as a top fashion designer and photographer
- Matt Iseman — “American Ninja Warrior” host, comedian, actor and licensed physician
- Carrie Keagan — Actress, producer, writer, entrepreneur and the former host of VH1’s Emmy Award-winning live morning talk show Big Morning Buzz Live with Carrie Keagan
- Carson Kressley — Emmy Award-winning television star, celebrity stylist, author and fashion designer, as well as a successful horse show exhibitor who owns saddlebred horses
- Lisa Leslie — Naismith Hall of Famer, four-time Olympic gold medalist and WNBA champion who earned an MBA
- Jon Lovitz — Comedian, film and television star and former Saturday Night Live cast member
- Vince Neil — Lead vocalist for the heavy metal band Mötley Crüe as well as eclectic businessman with interests in liquor, bars, restaurants, tattoo parlors along with clothing and retail
- Nicole “Snooki” Polizzi — Reality television star and New York Times bestselling author
- Kyle Richards — Actress and star of The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills is a philanthropist who owns an innovative boutique concept in Beverly Hills
- Chael Sonnen — Former UFC standout and mixed martial artist
- Porsha Williams — Co-host of nationally syndicated Dish Nation, star of The Real Housewives of Atlanta, entrepreneur
- Ricky Williams — Heisman Trophy winner for the University of Texas, 2015 College Football Hall of Fame inductee and ESPN sports analyst who was a running back for the Miami Dolphins, New Orleans Saints and Baltimore Ravens
- Carnie Wilson — Singer, television host and member of the pop music group Wilson Phillips
More on Emerald City:
Emerald City is executive produced by David Schulner, Shaun Cassidy, Josh Friedman, Matthew Arnold, and Tarsem Singh Dhandwar, with Dhandwar also directing. In addition to Arjona as Dorothy, the cast of the fantasy series includes Vincent D’Onofrio, Oliver Jackson-Cohen, Ana Ularu, Mido Hamada, Jordan Loughran, Gerran Howell and Joely Richardson.
The Emerald City Plot: Swept up into the eye of a tornado, 20-year-old Dorothy Gale is transported to another world — a mystical land where an all-powerful ruler (D’Onofrio) governs over one kingdom, has outlawed magic, and faces not only the wrath of a growing cauldron of witches but a looming disaster brought on by a mythical force. Epic, romantic and fantastical, “Emerald City” is an empowering tale of a young woman finding her true strength and identity even as she battles to bring a divided world together.