IFC’s targeting a Halloween premiere date for the third season of Stan Against Evil. Season three will debut on October 31, 2018 at 10pm ET/PT with John C. McGinley once again leading the cast as retired police sheriff Stan Miller. The series is now shooting in Atlanta, GA and will consist of eight new episodes.
Janet Varney returns as Evie Barrett, Willard’s Mill’s sheriff who’s on a quest to rid her town of demons. Deborah Baker Jr. is back as Denise Miller, Stan’s do-gooder daughter. Nate Mooney returns as Deputy Leon Drinkwater, Evie’s right-hand man. David Koechner will also reprise his guest starring role as Kenny, Evie’s ex-husband.
Stan Against Evil was created by writer and executive producer Dana Gould. Tom Lassally, Frank Scherma, and Justin Wilkes also executive produce, with series star John C. McGinley serving as a producer.
The network revealed the following list of the key guest stars who’ll be showing up throughout the horror comedy’s third season:
- Scott Adsit (Big Hero 6, 30 Rock) as Bill, an apathetic demon-plumber who becomes intertwined with the Miller household.
- Maria Bamford (Lady Dynamite, Arrested Development) as Nurse Pickles, a stern, no-nonsense nurse who may not be as helpful as she seems.
- Matt Braunger (Agent Carter, Up All Night) as Dr. Barlow, an earnest, academic-type surgeon at the local hospital.
- Christopher Mintz-Plasse (Superbad, Neighbors) as Zach, a character in a popular fictional vampire show who makes a connection with Stan’s daughter Denise.
- Eddie Pepitone (Old School, The Muppets) as Lenny, a balding, middle-aged townie who, in a prior life, dressed up as a gorilla for local birthday parties.
The Season 3 Plot: Season three picks up immediately after the events of the Season 2 finale, with Stan and Evie back in Willard’s Mill dealing with the consequences of Stan traveling through time to save his dead wife Claire. In doing so, he inadvertently opened a portal between the Land of the Living and the Land of the Dead… allowing evil forces to truly take over the town and even some of its inhabitants. Although always the skeptic at first, Stan must work with Evie to once more save the town – even if it means making a literal deal with the devil.