With production getting ready to begin this summer, Spike has just signed on eight more actors to the horror series The Mist. The series, which is based on Stephen King’s novella, has added Gus Birney, Dan Butler, Luke Cosgrove, Danica Curcic, Okezie Morro, Russell Posner, Darren Pettie, and Isiah Whitlock, Jr. They join previously announced series stars Frances Conroy and Alyssa Sutherland.
The TWC-Dimension Television production has Christian Torpe, Amanda Segel, Bob Weinstein, Harvey Weinstein, and David Glasser on board as executive producers. Spike is aiming for a 2017 premiere of the series which is set in a small town covered by a “foreboding” mist.
New The Mist Character Descriptions:
- Gus Birney as “Alex Cunningham,” the teenage daughter of Kevin and Eve Cunningham. She’s always been the ‘good daughter,’ but her over-protective mother helps to kick-start a rebellious streak.
- Dan Butler as “Father Romanov,” a priest who is caught in between modernity and tradition, he has lost his faith but clings to the ritual.
- Luke Cosgrove as “Jay Heisel,” a popular local football superstar and the son of the town sheriff who finds himself accused of a heinous crime.
- Danica Curcic as “Mia Lambert,” a drug-addicted woman on the run and in search of a mysterious stash of money. Curcic is an award-winning Serbian-Danish actress.
- Okezie Morro as “Jonah Dixon,” a military man with amnesia. He can’t remember who he is. As the truth about his identity unravels, shocking secrets will be revealed.
- Darren Pettie as “Connor Heisel,” the local alpha male, town sheriff and father to local football superstar Jay. He struggles to maintain order in an increasingly chaotic and dangerous situation, finding himself up against many who have it out for his accused son.
- Russell Posner as “Adrian Garff,” an insecure young teenager who comes to the defense of his best friend Alex, after she is the victim of a brutal crime. A witness to the crime, he finds himself at the center of a controversy which threatens to rip apart the community.
- Isiah Whitlock, Jr. as “Gus Redman,” a local mall manager. When a new society forms from the mist survivors at the mall, Gus will have to decide if he will take the role of leader and exactly how far he will go to keep order.