Starz’ critically acclaimed The White Queen arrives on Blu-ray and DVD on February 4, 2014 complete with a bounty of bonus features in addition to the 10 episodes that make up season one. The addictive, riveting series is a must-see, and with the release on Blu-ray and DVD now is the perfect time to catch the show if you missed its initial run on Starz.
Teaming up with Anchor Bay Entertainment, we’re pleased to offer The White Queen Blu-ray Contest running now through February 8, 2014. Two lucky winners will receive a copy of The White Queen Blu-ray + Digital HD Ultraviolet, so don’t wait – enter now!
The White Queen Blu-ray Contest Details:
– Send an email to [email protected] with The White Queen contest in the subject line.
– You must be 18 years or older to enter and reside in the continental United States. Only one entry per email address will be accepted. The contest ends on February 8, 2014 at 9pm PST with the winners notified on February 9, 2014.
The White Queen Plot:
The White Queen is a riveting portrayal of one of the most dramatic and turbulent times in English history. A story of love and lust, seduction and deception, betrayal and murder, it is uniquely told through the perspective of three different, yet equally relentless women – Elizabeth Woodville, Margaret Beaufort and Anne Neville. In their quest for power, they will scheme, manipulate and seduce their way onto the English throne.
The year is 1464, before the Tudor dynasty ruled the country, and war has been ravaging throughout England over who is the rightful King. It is a bitter dispute between two sides of the same family, The House of York and The House of Lancaster.
The House of York’s young and handsome Edward IV is crowned King of England with the help of the master manipulator, Lord Warwick “The Kingmaker.” But when Edward falls in love with a beautiful Lancastrian commoner, Elizabeth Woodville, Warwick’s plan to control the throne comes crashing down. A violent, high-stakes struggle ensues between Elizabeth, her most fierce adversary, Lancastrian Margaret Beaufort, and Anne Neville, the pawn in her father’s power game – each woman vying for the crown.
The Bonus Features:
– The Making Of THE WHITE QUEEN
– Series Overview
– Book To Series
– The History Behind THE WHITE QUEEN
– THE WHITE QUEEN: Set Tour
– Queen Elizabeth
– The King
– The Heir Apparent
– Woman In A Man’s World
– Conjuring Up The Queen/Magic
– Dressing The Queen/Wardrobe
– Check out a special bonus feature on the costumes of The White Queen: Dressing the Queen
-Posted by Rebecca Murray
Follow Us On: