Freeform’s set to launch the new comic book-inspired series Marvel’s Cloak & Dagger on June 7, 2018. The action series centers around Tyrone Johnson/Cloak (played by Aubrey Joseph) and Tandy Bowen/Dagger (played by Olivia Holt) and will air on Thursdays at 8pm ET/PT. Season one’s made up of 10 one-hour episodes.
The first season of Marvel’s Cloak & Dagger is executive produced by Joe Pokaski (Underground, Heroes), Marvel’s Head of Television Jeph Loeb, and Jim Chory (Marvel’s The Punisher, Marvel’s The Defenders). Pokaski is the season one showrunner and Love & Basketball‘s Gina Prince-Bythewood directed the first episode.
The Plot: Marvel’s Cloak & Dagger is the story of Tandy Bowen (Holt) and Tyrone Johnson (Joseph) – two teenagers from very different backgrounds, who find themselves burdened and awakened to newly acquired superpowers which are mysteriously linked to one another. Tandy can emit light daggers and Tyrone has the ability to engulf others in darkness. They quickly learn they are better together than apart, but their feelings for each other make their already complicated world even more challenging.
Additional season one characters include:
- Andrea Roth plays Melissa Bowen, Tandy’s mom, who is the eternal optimist despite the struggles to adapt to her new existence. While complex and emotionally composed, her love for her daughter burns bright.
- Tyrone’s mother, Adina Johnson, is played by Gloria Reuben. Mrs. Johnson invests every aspect of her being into giving her son the life she believes he deserves. But she props up and protects Tyrone so much she almost forgets to love him.
- Miles Mussenden stars as Tyrone’s father, Michael Johnson, who trudges through his desk job to keep his family safe and happy. Mr. Johnson is a working-class father does what he can to ensure his son will grow up to be a great man.
- Liam played by Carl Lundstedt, a salt-of-the-earth townie who operates as Tandy’s partner in crime while moonlighting as her boyfriend. But underneath his rough-around-the-edges appearance, Liam has big dreams.
- Portrayed by James Saito, Dr. Bernard Sanjo has been an emotional cornerstone in Tyrone’s life; they have a most unusual relationship.
- J.D. Evermore plays Detective Connors, who is a contradiction of a man embracing an intimidating persona that overcompensates for a secret he keeps close to the vest.