In support of Marvel Runaways‘ panel at the New York Comic Con, Hulu’s unveiled the first teaser trailer for the comic book-inspired series. Hulu will premiere Runaways on Tuesday, November 21, 2017 with the release of the first three episodes. Overall, season one will consist of 10 original episodes.
Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage serve as writers and showrunners. They also executive produce along with Marvel’s Head of Television Jeph Loeb and Jim Chory. The cast includes Rhenzy Feliz (“Alex Wilder”), Lyrica Okano (“Nico Minoru”), Virginia Gardner (“Karolina Dean”), Ariela Barer (“Gert Yorkes”), Gregg Sulkin (“Chase Stein”), Allegra Acosta (“Molly Hernandez”), Annie Wersching (“Leslie Dean”), Ryan Sands (“Geoffrey Wilder”), Angel Parker (“Catherine Wilder”), Ever Carradine (“Janet Stein”), James Marsters (“Victor Stein”), Kevin Weisman (“Dale Yorkes”), Brigid Brannagh (“Stacey Yorkes”), James Yaegashi (“Robert Minoru”), Brittany Ishibashi (“Tina Minoru”), and Kip Pardue (“Frank Dean”).
The Plot: Every teenager thinks their parents are evil. What if you found out they actually were? Marvel’s Runaways is the story of six diverse teenagers who can barely stand each other but who must unite against a common foe – their parents.
– Rhenzy Feliz as Alex Wilder is a loud-and-proud nerd. Admittedly a bit of a loner, Alex spends much of his free-time playing video games, but deep down, what he wants most is to reunite his childhood group of friends.
– Lyrica Okano as Nico Minoru – tough, intelligent, and independent–embodies teenage angst. A budding “Wiccan,” Nico’s carefully crafted goth appearance isolates her from her peers and family, but maybe what she really needs is someone to talk to.
– Virginia Gardner as Karolina Dean, model-perfect exterior with a lot going on behind her professionally whitened smile, is burdened by the lofty expectations and responsibilities put upon her by her parents. Underneath her veneer of privilege and perfection, Karolina is experiencing a newfound eagerness to explore her identity and pursue her own desires.
– Ariela Barer as Gert Yorkes is a purple-haired, bespectacled, contemporary riot grrrl. Never passing up a moment to stand on a soapbox, Gert sometimes wields her persona as a brash social justice warrior to mask her true feelings.
– Gregg Sulkin as Chase Stein is a lacrosse-playing, high school heartthrob. While many write him off as a dumb jock, Chase exhibits flashes of untapped brilliance in engineering, not unlike his wildly successful father’s.
– Allegra Acosta as Molly Hernandez, the youngest and most innocent member of her friend group, is known for her peppy positivity and a deep yearning to belong.