If you’re going to post a funny cat video, why not get rewarded for your (well, really, your cat’s) efforts? Friskies is looking for the best cat video of 2012 and if your kitty is selected as this year’s internet star, you could win the $15,000 Grand Prize in the first annual “The Friskies.”
The Friskies will award cash prizes and trophies in different categories, as well as 125,000 cans of Friskies cat food to cat charities based on the online community’s participation. Each time someone enters, votes, likes or shares a cat video, Friskies will add five more cans to their donation total (with a max of 250,000).
“We love cat videos because they showcase the imagination of both cats and their owners,” said Shaun Belongie, Friskies brand manager, announcing the contest. “Some may say that there are too many cat videos on the Internet already. We don’t think so. We’re launching ‘The Friskies’ because we think the next great cat video is just waiting to be discovered.”
The Contest Details:
– Open now through October 12th at www.TheFriskies.com
– Original videos must be no longer than 3 minutes
– Videos will be judged on originality, overall artistic impression, cinematography, technical production, audience appeal and entertainment quality, cat playfulness or quirks, sense of a story being told, and portraying cat’s perspective
– Up to 12 finalists will be chosen for the judging and public voting phase in October
– Winners will be announced in November
The categories are:
– Catness: The essence of cat behavior – moments of pure cat awesomeness
– Catcom: Your cat in a humorous situation
– Catventure: An indoor cat adventure
– Catch All: For entries that don’t fit into one of the other categories
Each finalist will receive “a one-year supply of Friskies cat food, and an original Friskies cat statue, the ‘Cat-uette’. The grand prize winner receives $15,000 and the honor of ‘Best Video,’ and four category prize winners receive $2,500.”
The Friskies Judges:
– Wayne White: Iconic folk artist, original set designer for Pee Wee’s Playhouse and star of this fall’s acclaimed documentary Beauty is Embarrassing.
– Michael Showalter: Actor, comedian, cat humorist, and professor at NYU’s Tisch School of the Arts known for co-writing the cult hit Wet Hot American Summer and as a member of the sketch comedy trio Stella.
– Tim League: Film industry trendsetter known for founding Alamo Drafthouse Cinemas, Rolling Roadshow and Fantastic Fest, the largest genre film festival in the nation.
– Karen Nichols: Managing editor of award-winning online cat lifestyle magazine Mousebreath, and Internet cat video creator and aficionado.
For the contest rules, more details, and to enter, visit www.TheFriskies.com.
—Posted by Rebecca Murray
Latest posts by Rebecca Murray (see all)
- ‘Ray Donovan’ and ‘Episodes’ Set Summer 2017 Premiere Dates - April 28, 2017
- Anne Rice’s ‘The Vampire Chronicles’ TV Series in the Works - April 28, 2017
- ‘The 100’ Season 4 Episode 10 Preview: Die All, Die Merrily Photos and Trailer - April 28, 2017