Max is forced to relive the worst day of his life in season two episode eight of NBC’s New Amsterdam. Episode eight, “What the Heart Wants,” will air on November 12, 2019 at 10pm ET/PT.
The cast is led by Ryan Eggold as Dr. Max Goodwin. Freema Agyeman plays Dr. Helen Sharpe, Janet Montgomery is Dr. Lauren Bloom, Jocko Sims is Dr. Floyd Reynolds, Anupam Kher plays Dr. Vijay Kapoor, and Tyler Labine is Dr. Iggy Frome.
“What the Heart Wants” Plot – Sharpe lands in hot water when she goes out on a limb for a patient. Meanwhile, Max’s grief comes to a head, and Bloom takes a major step in her recovery.
The Series Plot, Courtesy of NBC:
“Inspired by the oldest public hospital in America, this unique medical drama follows the brilliant and charming Dr. Max Goodwin, the institution’s newest medical director who sets out to tear up the bureaucracy and provide exceptional care. How can he help? Well, the doctors and staff have heard this before.
Not taking ‘no’ for an answer, Dr. Goodwin must disrupt the status quo and prove he will stop at nothing to breathe new life into this understaffed, underfunded and underappreciated hospital — the only one in the world capable of treating Ebola patients, prisoners from Rikers and the President of the United States under one roof — and return it to the glory that put it on the map.”
- Season 2 Episode 1 “Your Turn” Preview
- Season 2 Episode 2 “The Big Picture” Preview
- Season 2 Episode 4 “The Denominator” Preview
- Season 2 Episode 5 “The Karman Line” Preview
- Season 2 Episode 6 “Righteous Right Hand” Preview
- Season 2 Episode 9 “The Island” Preview
- Season 2 Episode 10 “Code Silver” Preview
- Season 2 Episode 11 “Hiding Behind My Smile” Preview
- Season 2 Episode 12 “14 Years, 2 Months, 8 Days” Preview
- Season 2 Episode 13 “In the Graveyard” Preview
- Season 2 Episode 14 “Sabbath” Preview
- Season 2 Episode 15 “Double Trouble” Preview