Season four episode three of This Is Us found Kevin meeting Cassidy while helping his uncle fight a stiff fine and prison sentence for tossing a chair (that almost hit Cassidy) into a therapy session. Meanwhile, Toby came clean about his massive weight loss (he’s doing CrossFit) after Kate took a good look at his noticeably slimmer figure. Kate began her own journey to a healthier lifestyle after discovering her grumpy next-door neighbor (Timothy Omundson) has a good reason to be in a foul mood: he’s relearning basic skills after suffering a stroke.
It turns out Randall is a pretty decent politician. Randall’s dedicated to his constituents and in episode three he chose the relatively inexperienced Jae-won over a woman who tried to mold him into a politician who picks networking with his fellow councilmen over listening to the concerns of the people.
Up next, season four episode four airing on October 15, 2019 at 9pm ET/PT.
This Is Us‘ huge ensemble cast includes Mandy Moore as Rebecca Pearson, Milo Ventimiglia as Jack Pearson, Sterling K. Brown as Randall, Chrissy Metz as Kate, and Justin Hartley as Kevin. Susan Kelechi Watson is Beth Pearson, Chris Sullivan is Toby Damon, and Jon Huertas is Miguel Rivas. Griffin Dunne returns as Jack’s brother, Nicky.
The “Flip a Coin” Plot – Kevin reflects on his past. Rebecca visits Randall at college. Beth’s mom comes to visit. Kate and Toby share new experiences with Baby Jack.
Series Description, Courtesy of NBC:
“Everyone has a family. And every family has a story. This Is Us chronicles the Pearson family across the decades: from Jack (Ventimiglia) and Rebecca (Moore) as young parents in the 1980s to their 37-year-old kids Kevin (Hartley), Kate (Metz) and Randall (Brown) searching for love and fulfillment in the present day. This grounded, life-affirming dramedy reveals how the tiniest events in our lives impact who we become, and how the connections we share with each other can transcend time, distance and even death.
From the writer and directors of Crazy, Stupid, Love. comes a smart, modern show that will welcome you into a family you feel you’ve known for years.”
- Season 4 Episode 2 “The Pool: Part 2” Preview
- Season 4 Episode 5 “Storybook Love” Preview
- Season 4 Episode 8 “Sorry” Preview
- Season 4 Episode 9 “So Long, Marianne” Preview
- Season 4 Episode 10 “Light and Shadows” Preview
- Season 4 Episode 11 “A Hell of a Week: Part 1” Preview
- Season 4 Episode 12 “A Hell of a Week: Part 2” Preview
- Season 4 Episode 13 “A Hell of a Week: Part 3” Preview
- Season 4 Episode 16 “New York, New York, New York” Preview
- Season 4 Episode 17 “After the Fire” Preview
- Season 4 Episode 18 “Strangers: Part Two” Preview