The CW’s Legacies season two episode three found Dark Josie breaking the arm of a promising Mystic Falls High School quarterback just to keep Mystic Falls from winning the annual MF versus Salvatore High School football game. Rafe finally returned to human form in episode three, thanks to Hope and Landon who, by the way, figured out part of Hope’s big secret. Episode three ended with Alaric butting heads with the new Salvatore School headmaster who isn’t at all what he appears to be.
Up next, season two episode four titled “Since When Do You Speak Japanese?” Episode four was directed by Geoff Shotz from a script by Penny Cox and will air on November 7, 2019. (The series is taking a two-week break between episodes three and four.)
Legacies stars Danielle Rose Russell as Hope Mikaelson, Jenny Boyd as Lizzie Saltzman, Kaylee Bryant as Josie Saltzman, and Quincy Fouse as MG. Aria Shahghasemi is Landon Kirby, Peyton Alex Smith is Rafael Waithe, and Matt Davis is Alaric Saltzman.
“Since When Do You Speak Japanese?” Plot – THE LOST SAMURAI — When a samurai shows up in Mystic Falls looking for a demon that possesses its victims, Josie (Bryant) leads the charge to defend her friends from the demon’s wrath. Meanwhile, as Landon (Shahghasemi) and Rafael (Smith) head to Mystic Falls High in hopes of learning more about the mysterious Hope (Russell), MG (Fouse) is conflicted by a secret he’s uncovered about Lizzie’s (Boyd) new vampire friend Sebastian (guest star Thomas Doherty). Finally, just as Alaric (Davis) lets his guard down around the town’s new sheriff, a confrontation with a demon forces him to reevaluate his priorities.
The Season 2 Plot:
Last season, viewers were thrilled to tap into a whole new passion for The Vampire Diaries / The Originals universe, when the third installment in the franchise launched with Legacies. Set in the Salvatore Boarding School for the Young and Gifted, Legacies told the story of the next generation of supernatural beings as they learn what it means to be special in a world that may never understand. Typically a school for vampires like MG (Fouse), werewolves like Rafael (Smith) and witches like twins Lizzie (Boyd) and Josie Saltzman (Bryant), the kids and their beloved headmaster Dr. Alaric Saltzman (Davis) were stunned to come face to face with a series of monster and creatures they had only ever heard of in myth and lore. A dragon. A gargoyle. The Headless Horseman.
The evil behind the real-life resurrection of these formerly fictional beings proved to have a horrifying connection to the school’s newest student, Landon Kirby (Shahghasemi). This led his first and only love, Hope Mikaelson (Russell), the school’s shining star, to sacrifice her place at the school — and in the world — to protect Landon from a terrible fate.
Season two will show us a world without Hope Mikaelson and all the chaos that goes along with it. All the while, Hope will be trying to find her way back to the school she has learned to call home and the friends she has learned to love like family. It will be filled with new monsters and more romantic and emotional surprises than ever.
- Danielle Rose Russell on what’s going on with Hope in season 2
- A possibly spoiler-ish interview with Matt Davis on Legacies season 2
- Legacies season 2 interview with Peyton Alex Smith and Aria Shahghasemi
- Jenny Boyd and Kaylee Bryant interview
- Season 2 Episode 2 “This Year Will Be Different” Preview
- Season 2 Episode 3 “You Remind Me of Someone I Used to Know” Preview
- Season 2 Episode 5 “Screw Endgame” Preview
- Season 2 Episode 6 “That’s Nothing I Had to Remember” Preview
- Season 2 Episode 7 “It Will Be Painfully Clear Soon Enough” Preview
- Season 2 Episode 8 “This Christmas Was Surprisingly Violent” Preview
- Season 2 Episode 9 “I Couldn’t Have Done This Without You” Preview
- Season 2 Episode 10 “This Is Why We Don’t Entrust Plans to Muppet Babies” Preview
- Season 2 Episode 11 “What Cupid Problem?” Preview
- Season 2 Episode 12 “Kai Parker Screwed Us” Preview
- Season 2 Episode 13 “You Can’t Save Them All” Preview
- Season 2 Episode 14 “There’s a Place Where the Lost Things Go” Preview
- Season 2 Episode 15 “Life Was So Much Easier When I Only Cared About Myself” Preview
- Season 2 Episode 16 “Facing Darkness is Kinda My Thing” Preview